Heart of Texas Linux User Group

Post by Sam Alexand » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:24:19

Hi.  I'm hoping to find other Linux users in the Waco/Temple/Killeen
area who would like to join an informal Linux User Group and visit
about Linux.  I have no idea how many Linux users there are in the
Waco area, but this way, we could meet and maybe share information and
howto's on this wonderful operating system.

My idea is to have a monthly (or however often) meeting where we could
discuss Linux, have presentations on installation and configuration,
and maybe have speakers when available.

If this sounds like something you'd care to participate in, let me
know.  I've setup a website (just did it tonight, so it might be
several days before it's available) to post current information on
this venture and meeting times when we have enough interested.

Thanks for your time,

Sam Alexander

http://www.hotlug.com

# PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.  #
# This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/              #

1. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

The Permian Basin Linux Users Group (http://www.pblug.org) is forming to
promote the use, exchange of knowledge, and advocacy of Linux in the Permian
Basin area of West Texas, servicing Midland, Odessa, Greenwood, Andrews,
Kermit, and other surrounding communities.

Please visit our website and join our mailing list (function available as
soon as my work schedule permits) if you live in the area and are interested

mailing list is not yet online at the time you read this post.

We are still in the process of locating space for meetings, etc., so if
other LUG members in different locations can give me advice on how to make
our debut as successful as possible, please drop me a line! Long live Linux!

Respectfully,
Joe A. Burnett

(remove nospam from email address above)

2. which printer

3. Announce: North Texas Linux Users Group

4. how to make netstat display pid/uid for each connection?

5. NTLug - North Texas Linux Users Group

6. HP Deskjet 850 and linux

8. Sun blade servers

10. Central Texas Linux User Group?

11. Austin Texas AIX User Group Meeting

12. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?