Linux Doc Project WWW pages available for FTP mirror

Linux Doc Project WWW pages available for FTP mirror

Post by Matt Wel » Mon, 20 Mar 1995 15:00:40

The Linux Documentation Project WWW site, http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/
is now available for mirroring via FTP. Sunsite can be quite loaded and
it would be nice if other WWW site admins would mirror these pages and
provide links to them.

To mirror these pages, configure your FTP mirror software to download
from sunsite.unc.edu. The login user is "linuxdoc", password "linuxdoc".
(Do not use user "anonymous" as this points to another FTP area.) Download
all files in the directory /mdw, preserving the directory organization
exactly. The files have many relative hypertext links and if you change
their organization there will be problems. The whole tree is about 9MB in
size right now.

Note that this should only be used for mirroring of the entire LDP tree
for distribution on other sites. All of the LDP docs are available via
FTP from ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs if you want to get individual
files.

and let me know, so I can add your site to the list of mirrors.

Have fun,
mdw

1. WWW: WCU Linux Project Web page http://bugs.cs.wcupa.edu

2. Need help! Hauppauge WinTV (Model 400 NTSC) Eprom overwritten

3. WWW: Linux Development Projects: WWW links wanted

4. Why is Java so slow on Suns?

5. GNU WWW home page mirrored in Germany

6. Compile of 2.5.38 Fails

7. *NEW* Linux WWW page and FTP site, get current slackware here!

8. html2ps Question

9. WWW: linux for starters WWW-page

10. LOCAL/WWW: Czech Linux WWW page

11. ANNOUNCE: New linux-access pages and Blinux FTP mirror

12. Wietse's VMail Project: Web Pages Available

13. mirror of www & ftp