WANTED: Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins

WANTED: Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins

Post by xes » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

XESS Corp. Encourages Third-Party Plug-Ins for the NExS Spreadsheet
X Engineering Software Systems (XESS Corp.) announces the initiation of a
program to encourage the creation of plug-ins for the NExS spreadsheet by
third-parties. Henceforth, the author of any code that XESS Corp. chooses to
publish on its Web site will receive a free license for the NExS Personal
Edition spreadsheet.

NExS Product Manager Dave Vanden Bout stated:

     Many of our customers are interfacing NExS to other tools in
     unique ways. We want to encourage them to share their creations
     with others. We'll admit that a free copy of NExS is hardly
     adequate compensation for the work that goes into many of these
     plug-ins, but a small reward is better than no reward. And we are
     not limiting this program to just plug-ins: anyone who has a NExS
     spreadsheet for an interesting application or a document
     explaining how to use NExS in a particular area is eligible for
     this program. Just e-mail it to us. If we use it, we'll send you a
     free NExS license.

Those interested in the various plug-ins currently available for the NExS
spreadsheet can check them out at www.xess.com. XESS Corp. provides these
plug-ins on an unsupported basis in the hopes that they might be useful to
users of the NExS spreadsheet. In addition, a free, 30-day version of the
NExS spreadsheet and the new conNExions-BETA API can also be downloaded for
the HP/UX, AIX, Digital UNIX, SunOS, Solaris and Linux platforms.

                                - 30 -

Previous news releases on the NExS Spreadsheet
   * New Interface Between Perl and the NExS Spreadsheet
   * Simulated Annealing Plug-In for NExS Released
   * Genetic Algorithm Plug-In for NExS Released
   * Updated Tcl/Tk Interface for the NExS Spreadsheet
   * Linear Programming Plug-In for NExS Released
   * Academic Pricing for NExS Personal Edition Introduced
   * Free 30-Day Trial Licenses for NExS
   * NExS Version 1.3-BETA Available
        o New Features in NExS 1.3-BETA
        o Bug Fixes from NExS 1.2 to NExS 1.3-BETA
   * Buy NExS for UNIX, Get NExS for Linux Free!
   * NExS Version 1.2 Available

- --
|| Information Director    XESS Corp.               (919) 387-0076 ||

|| http://www.xess.com     Apex, NC 27502 USA   FAX:(919) 387-1302 ||

- --

1. Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins

--
|| Information Director    XESS Corp.               (919) 387-0076 ||

|| http://www.xess.com     Apex, NC 27502 USA   FAX:(919) 387-1302 ||

2. KDE/QT high res font display

3. linear programming plug-in for the NExS spreadsheet

4. rlogin to Solaris Machine

5. Free NExS Spreadsheet Genetic Algorithm Plug-In

6. tape retention?

7. linear programming plug-in for the NExS spreadsheet

8. Problems installing from CD

9. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

10. plug-ins netscape

11. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

12. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

13. Browser Question (Plug-ins) m-w.com