SPAM: The recent AD in this and other groups

Post by Lars Wirzeni » Thu, 16 Feb 1995 03:15:09

> It also seems that other people have been cancelling the article everywhere,
> including this group.  If anyone has a copy, please send me a copy at

I have now received copies of the article (I stopped counting at 100
:-).  Thanks to everyone.  The spammers have reportedly been thrown out
by their Internet service provider (panix.com), although I didn't have
anything to do with that (it had happened already when I posted my
message).

For more information, see, e.g., news.admin.policy, news.admin.misc, and
alt.current-events.net-abuse.

1. SPAM: The recent AD in this and other groups

This is your moderator speaking.

There was an ad posted in this group that was forged so that I was
bypassed completely.  From scraps that I have seen elsewhere, it would
not have been approved by me.  It also seems that the article was part
of a `spam', i.e., the same article was posted, in separate copies, in
each newsgroup on Usenet; needless to say, this behavior is completely
unacceptable.

It also seems that other people have been cancelling the article everywhere,
including this group.  If anyone has a copy, please send me a copy at

corrective action.

Thanks.

Please resume the wait for the slow moderator to actually process some
articles.

--

Publib version 0.4: ftp://ftp.cs.helsinki.fi/pub/Software/Local/Publib/

2. beep command

3. spam spam spam spam

4. qps problems with RH5.1

5. Recent spamming

6. man.page.to.plain.text.method

7. meeting others through personal ads (advertisement)

8. Magic Eye

9. Need a script to block/delete Spam ads.

10. Why am I spamming the group?!?

11. anyone that wants to report this guy for spamming your groups...

12. spam in moderated groups?

13. Writable by group and others root owned files