DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

Post by Troy De Jong » Sun, 04 Dec 1994 19:58:30

It's finally ready...  The Linux driver for the DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi
products can be found at ftp.skypoint.com in the /pub/linux/digiboard
directory.  The filename is digipcxx.taz.  This is a Beta driver, but
is very stable in my experience.  If you don't want to live on the edge,
then wait for the final version.  :-)

Regards,

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

2. Linux and FAT32X.

3. PPP Error

4. Help with a Digiboard PC/Xi and driver

5. invisible typing

6. DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

7. Connecting to LynxOS

8. Driver for "intelligent" Digiboard PC/xe's??

9. Anyone have drivers for the Digiboard PC/4 or PC/8?

10. FreeBSD 2.1.0 & DigiBoard PC/XI 8 ports

11. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

12. DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21