Post by John P. Chambe » Mon, 27 Feb 1995 00:48:24

I submit this posting for Linux announce. It needs only Texas
distribution, unless you think it might be of interest to the
newsgroup as a whole.

Hounix, the Houston Unix/open systems user group, affliated with
Uniform will have its system adminstrator sig group meeting
Wednesday March 1st at the Houston Engineering and Scientific
Society Building. It will begin at 7PM. You do not have to be a
member to attend, no meal will be served.

The topic this month is LINUX, DOWN AND DIRTY, OR INSTALL FROM THE
GROUND UP, OR LINUX THE HARD WAY. A linux system will be installed
during this meeting. Please join us at this meeting. For details
on how to get there if you don't know call me at the number below
or send e-mail.

Thanks

--

Full Name: John P. Chambers     Business Phone: (713) 963-0043
LMSW-ACP, LMFT, LPC, LCDC       Discovery Center, Inc.

As was pointed out to me in the last 'announcement' I sent out, I did not
include enough information for those without web access.  I goofed.  Please
see below.

ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!

The next monthly meeting of the Houston Area Linux Users Group wil be held
Saturday, April 22, 1995 at the University of Houston, Clear Lake Campus in
room 3-315, from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm.

The main topic of discussion will be the configuring of the X11R5/X11R6 server
under Linux.  We will also have a discussion on the pros and cons of the GPL.

Michael Robinson might present a summary of the happings at Novell's BrainShare.

As normal, we will have time for an open Q&A session at the end of the meeting.

For more information, please refere to one of the sources below:

        Voice:  Don Harper, 713.220.2937

        WWW:    http://www.infocom.net/~hlug

Directions:

(or may be 3 blocks) after Space Center Blvd. turn right into the
campus. After you cross a little bridge, you will come to an
intersection of two streets. Turn right again and that will take
you to the students parking lot which is in front of the
(actually the back) Bayou Building.  Go in the building and
get to the third floor, the rooms are numbered and our room
is close to the middle elevator in the second atrium.  It is room 3-315.

--

Communications Office for Houston Linux Users Group
Running Linux 1.2.1

2. FreeBSD 2.2.6 + DPT SCSI Controllers

4. Yamaha 8424 SCSI CD ROM

5. Houston Linux Users' Group Meeting

6. NIS+ question

8. Accessing Internet via proxy server

13. LOCAL Washington DC Linux User Group meeting on February 15