vmode-0.1.c

Post by David C. Snyd » Sun, 13 Nov 1994 01:04:15

Vmode is a small C program I wrote to help X386 and XFree86 users create
mode definitions for their video displays.  The program is quite simple,
but I have found it to be very useful and wanted to share it with the rest
of the Linux community.  It's based entirely on "The Hitchhiker's Guide to
X386/XFree86 Video Timing (or, Tweaking your Monitor for Fun and Profit)"
by Eric Raymond, et. al.  I plan to contact Pat, the Slackware guy to see
if he would like to include it in a later Slackware distribution as part
of the XF86Config set-up scripts, but I wanted to get some feedback from
the people on the net first.

The files are on sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/Incoming (for now):

   vmode-0.1.c.gz
   vmode-0.1.lsm

All of the documentation is contained in the .c file.  Please feel free to
contact me if you have any questions.

-- David

P.S.
  I can not accept responsibility for any damages resulting from the
  use of the data generated by vmode.  However, if you find any bugs
  or have recommendations on how the program could be improved, I'd
  love to hear them.

==> vmode-0.1.lsm <==
Begin3
Title:          vmode
Version:        0.1
Entered-date:   94-11-10
                Xconfig or XF86Config file in X386 or XFree86.

Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux
                2.88k vmode-0.1.c.gz
Alternate-site: tsx-11.mit.edu /pub/linux
                2.88k vmode-0.1.c.gz
                2.88k vmode-0.1.c.gz
Platform:
Copying-policy:
End

1. vmode "issues"

Just got my LinuxPPC 4 setup on my 9500.  So I tried to type in the
following:

vmode 16 16

It complains that the second argument is invalid.  In fact, anything I
put in that second argument is considered invalid no matter what the
value.

What's up with that?

Rick Eames
--
Rick Eames

Doing my part for Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

2. Monitor Databse Entry -- Where to submit.

3. RPM advice sought with respect to vmode and X windows screen resolution quest

4. PPP & Shell Accnts. how to?

5. VMODE upon startup?

6. Can linux logd work over network ?

7. vmode thru BootX

8. How do i backup my files to my Digital dat storage ( backup Tape)!!??? help~

9. vmode

10. vmode on my imac

11. vmode and linuxppc....

12. vmode and ATI Card