These changes are archived on ftp.emlist.com:pub/kchanges.
Ramdisk can now be formatted as ext2 fs or minix instead of just minix.
Serial driver changes:
* serial.c (rs_close): Add a timeout to the transmitter flush
loop; this is just a sanity check in case we have flakey
(or non-existent-but-configured-by-the-user) hardware.
* tty_io.c (tty_fasync): When asyncronous I/O is enabled, if the
process or process group has not be specified yet, set it
to be the tty's process group, or if that is not yet set,
to the current process's pid.
* n_tty.c (n_tty_receive_room): If we are doing input
canonicalization, let as many characters through as
possible, so that the excess characters can be "beeped".
- Some cleanups in the error messages (some versions of syslog contain
a bug which truncates an error message if it contains '\n').
- Check that no data can be written to a file past the 2GB limit.
- The famous readdir() bug has been fixed by Stephen Tweedie.
Security checks on fcntl(0,F_SETOWN,some_root_process) made more
liberal (match against uid, euid, session instead of always
needing to be root).
Oops, did assignment instead of equality test in isofs name comparison.
Added call to fsync a umsdos file.
Oops, missed a couple of places where notify_change() needed to be
changed in umsdos fs.
Oops, forgot to update date of ext2fs when version changed in 1.1.57.
non blocking connect fail gets the error code right.
select() not reporting read ok after an urgent read fixed.
Crynwr Software | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St. | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX) | What is thee doing about it?
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.