WWW: Kernel Mailing list FAQ WWW Site

Post by Frohwalt Eger » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

1. WWW: Request for Feedback on WWW site on Linux distributions

Joseph:

Gotta say, overall a great site. Not bogged down with too many graphics, easy
layout to navigate, good information.

My only suggestions would be these:

1. Perhaps consider including info on Stampede. It's a fairly new distro (in
comparisson), and has done some nice things overall with it's setup features. I
still prefer my good ol Slackware, but it's another alternative with some
advantages to the newbie.

2. Consider placing a little more info on the main page conserning the differences
between installations. One of the things I ahve found that scares most new Linux
users away, is that they are afraid of the actual install. Once they get beyond
that fear...we usually find them lurking around groups like these within no time.
I guess fear is worse thatn the actual fate of doing huh?

Just a couple of suggestions, but other than that, nice page. Mind if I link it?

2. Password Help

3. WWW: Linux BYTE Benchmarks WWW Site

4. Use Perl, Sed or Awk for this ?

5. ANNOUNCE: PowerPC ThinkPad www site & list

6. Audio CD problems with es1370, R6.0, and Toshiba CD-ROM drive

7. Wanted: mirror WWW site for faq

9. secure www site FAQ ???

10. WWW: Linux Internet Service Provider Mailing List

11. *BSD* Security WWW/Mailing List?

12. A WWW archive system for USENET newsgroups and mailing-list (repost)

13. WWW-Pages and mailing-lists