Kernel change summary 1.1.66 -> 1.1.67

Post by Russell Nels » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 14:23:38

These changes are archived on ftp.emlist.com:pub/kchanges.  I cannot
answer questions about Linux -- I merely summarize the kernel patches.

This summary was written by Linus:

Alpha boot-stuff and a few header files (some of which are just stubs
        for now).  No, it won't even compile yet, I'm doing my work on
        another source tree..
Screendumping support for text-mode to make it possible to save the
        attributes of a dump as well (and to set them).
Printer driver does the correct IO region tests and allocations, so if
        the IO addresses overlap another card, at least the kernel
        will not use them at the same time.
Apricot net-driver should compile again.
"rw_bugfix" defined by default for ne2000 clones.
Updated PLIP driver - reportedly much lower latency.
IN2000 driver should compile, but is reportedly not very stable.
Various speeling errors fixed (again).
Photocd bugfix, but photocd support not enabled right now due to some
        problem-reports (which may actually have gone away now, but...)
ISO-fs directory handling bug fixed.
ISO-fs read-ahead code fixed.
File locking made dynamic (duh, as if anybody really cared).
Better error codes from the mount() system calls.
UDP get_socket() "fix" removed.
--

Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)  | What is thee doing about it?

1. Kernel change summary 1.1.67 -> 1.1.68

These changes are archived on ftp.emlist.com:pub/kchanges.  I cannot
answer questions about Linux -- I merely summarize the kernel patches.

CREDITS updated
Null pointer check in cdu31a driver.
Selection support improved in console driver.
EtherExpress 16 driver modularized.
SCSI commands now have an explicity command length field.
Scsi_Host entries have a new usage_count field for modules, and a
        default info is provided if the device-dependent one isn't
        implemented, and the info subr can now return NULL.
AHA1542 can take parameters from the LILO command line (see source for
        docs).
Buslogic driver now supports BT-445C and misc other changes.
Buslogic debugging made more precise.
Multisession PhotoCD detection improved.
UMSDOS can now be called from other than USER_DS.
More support for Alpha architecture.
New subroutine, release_region, to do the inverse of snarf_region().
--

Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)  | What is thee doing about it?
Potsdam, NY 13676 | What part of "Congress shall make no law" eludes Congress?

2. grep and regex

3. Kernel change summary 1.1.65 -> 1.1.66

4. Can I combine two way redirection ????

5. upgrade 1.0.9 -> 1.1.67, but lost ethernet

6. Automatic creation of Users ?

7. Problem with kernel v. 1.1.66

8. Connect Linux box via AOL

9. Kernel 1.1.66 & Ftape & Floppy

10. Can't read files on cdu31a with 1.1.66

11. Kernel Change Summary 1.3.67

12. long (1s) delay/sleep in module: how?

13. Colormap problems with XPmac-01-1s