Post by Michael Robinso » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 01:12:58

ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE

     Houston   Linux    Users   Group   Meeting

I am pleased to announce that we will be having the first
meeting of the Houston Linux Users Group.

  When: January 21 1994 ( Saturday )

  Time: 10:00am Til Noon ( or longer )

  Where: The Micro Center Store
         There is only one of these in town. In case you have not
         been there yet it is located at 610 and Post Oak inside
         the loop.

  Topics: We plan to discuss the formation of the group,
          officers and meeting topics that we would like to
          cover and how often to meet. We also need to get a
          BBS or sometype of home machine, so be thinking of
          that too.

   Others: This would be a good time to bring questions to have answered
           by users of linux helping others.

   If you have any questions please mail them to me, don't call the Micro
   Center, because they will not know all the detail like I will. Thanks

Michael Robinson

As was pointed out to me in the last 'announcement' I sent out, I did not
include enough information for those without web access.  I goofed.  Please
see below.

ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!

The next monthly meeting of the Houston Area Linux Users Group wil be held
Saturday, April 22, 1995 at the University of Houston, Clear Lake Campus in
room 3-315, from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm.

The main topic of discussion will be the configuring of the X11R5/X11R6 server
under Linux.  We will also have a discussion on the pros and cons of the GPL.

Michael Robinson might present a summary of the happings at Novell's BrainShare.

As normal, we will have time for an open Q&A session at the end of the meeting.

For more information, please refere to one of the sources below:

        Voice:  Don Harper, 713.220.2937

        WWW:    http://www.infocom.net/~hlug

Directions:

(or may be 3 blocks) after Space Center Blvd. turn right into the
campus. After you cross a little bridge, you will come to an
intersection of two streets. Turn right again and that will take
you to the students parking lot which is in front of the
(actually the back) Bayou Building.  Go in the building and
get to the third floor, the rooms are numbered and our room
is close to the middle elevator in the second atrium.  It is room 3-315.

--

Communications Office for Houston Linux Users Group
Running Linux 1.2.1

2. Sys V curses on SunOS 4.1 SUMMARY

4. Looking for portability guide BSD<->SYSVR4 (e.g., time handling)

5. LOCAL:St. Louis Linux Users Group First Meeting-July 20

6. oracle 8.0.5 on freebsd 4.0!

7. Houston Linux Users' Group Meeting

8. Mandrake 7.1 with Nvidia GeForce2 MX

11. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)