Fvwm release 0.90 has been uploaded to sunsite, as file
Fvwm is a light-weight window manager which provides a simple virtual
desktop and a 3-D look for windows decorations.
Memory consumption for Fvwm is about 1/2 to 1/3 that of twm.
Many bug fixes have been made since release 0.82. In addition,
some new features have been added:
1. Picture Icons
2. Automatic placement of icons on the left and bottom of the screen.
3. DecorateTransients and RandomPlacement options, which work as in Twm
4. Keyboard shortcuts which allow completely mouse-less window manager
5. Sub-menus. These are not pull-right menus, but they are
sub-menus. As an example, a sub-menu is used to get confirmation
of the "Quit Fvwm" selection in the standard configuration file.
6. Title-bar button uses can now be specified by the user's configuration
All these improvements have not increased code size, but stack + data
size has increased about 4 percent.
One feature which has not been added is a re-start option. This is
not included because it is only used during configuration, and can
be emulated by moving an xterm to the last line of your xinitrc file,
and then killing and restarting the window manager at will.
A Linux binary is included. To use it, you need Xfree86-1.3, and libc-4.4.1.