Misprints and omissions on Linux Quarterly, Fall '94

Misprints and omissions on Linux Quarterly, Fall '94

Post by Michael R. Johnst » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 19:30:54

A few weeks ago we announced the availability of The Linux Quarterly,
Fall '94, a 2 CDROM set containing the Slackware Professional Linux 2.1
CDROM as well as a TSX-11 Linux archive CDROM. While our announcements
have reflected this fact, there is, unfortunately, a printing error on the
CDROM inserts which have misled some customers who've purchased the CD. These
are as follows:

- The MS Windows interface was left off the disk because of the number of
  changes required to make it compatible with Slackware 2.1. CD pressing
  schedules didn't leave enough time to make these changes and still have
  time to get the product to the factory.

- This product contains the Slackware Pro 2.1 CDROM in addition to TSX-11
  and NOT Sunsite.unc.edu, as the label indicates. It was our original
  intention to include Sunsite but because we include the full GNU sources
  in each product we had only enough room for TSX-11.

In order to compensate our customers for the inconvenience this may have
caused, WE WILL PROVIDE FREE COPIES OF THE SUNSITE CDROM TO ALL PURCHASERS
OF THE LINUX QUARTERLY, FALL '94. In essence, you are getting 3 CDROMs for
the price of two.

To receive your copy of the Sunsite CDROM, please call (516) 889-8500,
9AM to 5PM EST, Monday through Friday. We will send your CD via first
class mail. Please allow at least 1 week for delivery during the holiday
season. There is no charge for the CDROM or postage.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have
caused our customers.

Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season to all.
--
Michael R. Johnston

Morse Telecommunications                   http://www.morse.net