Commercial Verilog Environment for Linux

Commercial Verilog Environment for Linux

Post by i.. » Wed, 02 Feb 1994 18:53:57

Fintronic USA, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of FinSim
for the Linux platform.

FinSim: A high performance, compiled and interpreted simulation
environment that supports both UDL/I and Verilog HDL.  The FinSim
UDL/I simulator features full language implementation.  The FinSim
Verilog simulator features full Verilog HDL implementation including
gate, switch-level, user defined primitives, behavior, specify blocks,
path delays, system tasks and functions, PLI, and VCD.  SDF
capabilities will be released March 1, 1994.

  FinSim is part of Intergraph's recently announced Veribest Design
System.  The FinSim simulator is tightly integrated with Data I/O's
ECS schematic capture system allowing fast schematic simulation and
back annotation of simulation results.  The FinSim Verilog simulator
is compatible with all VCD-based waveform displays including
Veritools' Undertow IV, Design Acceleration's Signalscan and Systems
Science's Magellan.

  With the FinSim Verilog simulator, behavior level designs currently
run up to 50 times faster than Verilog-XL v1.6.  FinSim's performance
at gate and switch level is fast and runs existing benchmarks.

  Currently FinSim runs on Sun Sparc, Digital MIPS, IBM RS/6000 and
SGI MIPS workstations.  It is also available on Intel x86 platforms
running Windows NT, SVR4.2, interactive Unix 3.2 or Linux.  It will
soon be available on Digital Alpha, Pentium and Hewlett-Packard
platforms.

  FinSim prices for a Unix workstation range from $15,000 to $25,000
including free upgrades to SDF.  The list price for FinSim for a PC
platform is two thirds of the price of FinSim for a Unix workstation.
Contact Fintronic directly for available discounts and terms.

            fax: +1.415.325.4908
            tel: +1.415.325.4474
            mail: Fintronic USA, Inc.
                  1360 Willow Rd., Suite 205
                  Menlo Park, CA 94025
                  USA

Fintronic also sells pre-installed, fully configured Linux
workstations and notebooks.  For information on this service please

1. Using Linux in a commercial environment?

I work at a company where we are using SCO UNIX on a 486DX50 machine. We
current don't have TCP/IP or any development tools. We use it to run
custom software developed in Business Basic. We are currently setting up a
network using Windows for Workgroups. We want to connect the UNIX box to the
server.

I have read that the is a program that will allow us to run our SCO binaries.
Assuming this will run our application correctly, is it worth it for a
company to make the switch to LINUX O/S? What problems might we encounter?
We don't do any development except our custom BASIC program.

Our only other alternative is to purchase SCO open server 5 for $935 CDN and
a new HARD DISK (since our current one is not large enough for the new O/S)
for $600 CDN.

How is hardware compatibilty fir Linux? Is it stable enough to use in a
business environment?

I know that if we can make use of Linux it will be a great benefit because
there are many development tools available which we might be able to use in
the future which do not come with the new SCO O/S (except for an extra
charge).

How stable is Linux in a network environment? We are going to be a maximum of
20 users. Our network cards are INTEL Ether Express Pro.

Any suggestions/ recommendations/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Installing Redhat 4.0 via FTP..HELP!!!

3. Linux in a commercial environment: Power & Reliability?

4. More about TUN/TAP drivers

5. Using Linux in a commercial environment?

6. sunfires keep crashing...wtf??

7. COMMERCIAL: Java Development Environment for Linux

8. Help! Dead Mouse

9. Using Linux in a commercial environment?

10. Linux in commercial environment

11. Using Linux in a commercial environment?

12. Verilog for DOS/Linux?