-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have uploaded fdutils-5.1 to sunsite, tsx, linux.wauug.org and
www.innet.club.lu. This is mainly a bug fix release, fixing the
following two bugs:
1. Some versions of lex do not define yylineno. Fdutils-5.1 no
longer use that variable. Compiling the files generated by lex still
generates compiler warnings, but these can be safely ignored.
2. Make install failed to work in some circumstances. This is now
fixed as well.
The fdutils package contains utilities for configuring and debugging
the Linux floppy driver, for formatting extra capacity disks (up to
1992K on a high density disk), and for sending raw commands to the
This version of fdutils introduces a new uniform representation of
floppy formats which is shared by both superformat and setfdprm.
Media descriptions are now represented as a series of keyword=value
pairs, which should make them a lot easyer to use. With the help of
its new drive-speed measuring feature, superformat has also become
more reliable for high capacity formats.
Fdutils can be found at the following locations:
and soon at:
The package includes the following items:
- superformat: formats high capacity disks of (up to 1992k for high
density disks or up to 3984k for extra density disks)
- fdmount: automatically mounts/unmounts disks when they are
- xdfcopy: formats, reads and writes OS/2's XDF disks.
- MAKEFLOPPIES: creates the floppy devices in /dev
- getfdprm: prints the current disk geometry (number of sectors,
track and heads etc)
- setfdprm: sets the current disk geometry
- fdrawcmd: sends raw commands to the floppy driver
- floppycontrol: configure the floppy driver
- general documentation about the floppy driver
I suggest you get mtools-3.6 too. Indeed superformat and xdfcopy
depend on features in mformat which are not present in mtools-2.0.7
subscribe to it, send a message containing 'subscribe fdutils' in its
Before submitting a bug report, check whether your problem has not
yet been fixed in one of the Alpha patches at:
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/liw/lars-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/liw/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----