ANNOUNCE: procinfo 0.1 on Sunsite

Post by Sander van Malsse » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 13:36:38

This is to announce the release of version 0.1 procinfo, a full-screen
system info display. It should be available from

sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming

though I have no idea yet where it will finally end up. All comments,

Here's the README:

This is version 0.1 of procinfo, dated 1994-03-23.

* What it is.

Procinfo is a small program that gathers some system information from
diverse files under /proc and prints it to the screen.  It duplicates
some of the functionality of free(1) and uptime(1).  It should work
with any kernel release close to 1.0.

* Optional interrupt patch.

As is the `intr' line in /proc/stat prints the accumulated number of
interrupts that have happened since bootup for all 16 irq channels
lumped together.  You can change this to display the number of
interrupts for each individual irq by applying the patch in
`kernel.patch' to the kernel sources and then recompiling procinfo
with the -DIRQ_ARRAY flag defined.  Note that since I don't have any
other program that uses the information in /proc/stat, I cannot tell
wether applying this patch to the kernel will break any such program.

Cheers,

Sander van Malssen

1. Filesystems Umsdos alpha 0.1 available at sunsite

This is just to say that I have upload a new release (0.1) of Umsdos, the
Linux filesystem running on top of a normal MsDOS FAT fs. A full
post will appear in comp.os.linux.announce (The maintainer
is taking some well deserved days off I was told).

It should be available at sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/ALPHA/umsdos
(still in pub/Linux/Incoming at this time.  Another maintainer
who is entitled to a good holiday :-) )

Good party everybody!!!!

2. Odd ftpd behaviour with standard FreeBSD install

3. Xaw3d-0.6B-3.0.1 uploaded to sunsite

4. USB headphones/mike

5. Announcing mod_tcl 0.1; Apache/Tcl Integration

6. Installing Qpopper (running confgure)

7. Announcing XPudview ver 0.1 for viewing Warcraft II PUD files

8. Mozilla 1.0 has been released

9. Announcing release 0.1 of the GNU Hurd

10. ANNOUNCE: config 0.1 uploaded to tsx-11

11. ANNOUNCE: ibmonitor v1.0.1 Release

12. ANNOUNCE: NAR 0.1 NetWorker Activity Reporter

13. Announcing casio-2.0.1