German User Guide for Linux released

Post by Sebastian Hetz » Sat, 13 Mar 1993 02:55:42

Hi there!

We have written a german user guide for Linux, to help german linuxers
with their first steps in the foreign OS world by offering their native
language. Beside other subjects, it describes about 100 commands of the
base system, including most GNU utilities, bash and elvis.

We dont want to compete with the DOC Project. Our book is meant to
introduce Linux and lead the beginner to the point he can find the
answers for his questions in the englisch documentation.

The file is named Linuxhandbuch1.0.tar.Z and is available at
ftp.simpson.germany.eu.net(192.76.144.75):/pub/comp/i386/Linux/Incoming.UniDO
and
ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de(137.226.112.172):/pub/Linux/doc

--
Sebastian Hetze

--

1. New Release of German-Linux-User-Guide (Version 2.0)

 Hi there!

 We have written a german user guide for Linux, to help german linuxers
 with their first steps in the foreign OS world by offering their native
 language. Beside other subjects, it describes about 100 commands of the
 base system, including most GNU utilities, bash and elvis.

 The new release contains a chapter about the new filesystems,
 an introduction and history of Unix, a little handholding through
 the first steps of installation and a small trip through an Unix filesystem.

 We dont want to compete with the DOC Project. Our book is meant to
 introduce Linux and lead the beginner to the point he can find the
 answers for his questions in the englisch documentation.

 The file is named Linuxhandbuch2.0.tar.Z and is available at
 ftp.simpson.germany.eu.net(192.76.144.75):/pub/comp/i386/Linux/Documentation

||\\  //|| ||\\  //||     Martin Mueller, Lichtenrader Str.22      LINUX...
|| \\// || || \\// ||     1000 Berlin 44  Tel: +49 30 6216879      THE one
||  \/  || ||  \/  ||     ___________________________________      and ONLY!!
||      || ||      ||     | Diese Flaeche ist zu vermieten! |

2. Where in the 2.2 kernel are incorrectly configured incoming packets discarded?

3. Q: getting at the FPU status in a SIGFPE handler

4. a (very) brief Guide to Translating the NetBSD website into German

5. gcc errs on sizeof(struct ip)

7. Size of raw_devices[]

9. Tips & Tricks for german Linux-Users (LaTeX, Umlauts, Docu)

10. Linux Setup Guide and System administration guide.

11. German keyboard on 6400 with release 4

12. FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE does not like *german* keyboard