How to find status of process in solaris

How to find status of process in solaris

Post by Rama » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:16:59

Hi!!
I have spawned a process in solaris.I want to know the status of that
process (active or not).I cant use the shell command "ps"for the
same.I require some api to get this information.
Kindly help me.
Thanx in advance.
Regards
Raman

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:46:20

|I have spawned a process in solaris.I want to know the status of that
|process (active or not).I cant use the shell command "ps"for the
|same.I require some api to get this information.

man -s 4 proc

1. Finding the status of a process

I have a program that forks a process.  I would like the process that
did the forking to be able to  get the status of the forked process.
The parent process has  the process ID of the forked process.  How do I
find what the exit status of the forked process is (if it has exited),
or some piece of information that would allow me to conclude that the
process is still running?  Any help is appreciated.

I am using the execvp( ) call after the fork in the child process.

Thanks,

Doug

2. Flash after idling

3. Finding status of forked processes

4. cpio listing

5. sps (show process status) for Solaris 7

6. BinHex 4.0

7. Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

8. Help a newbie

9. How to find socket-process relation in Solaris 8

10. find the process bound to a listen process

11. Help:Solaris tool to find the load from a process

12. Find exact creation time of a process; not kill a wrong process

13. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins