1. "Watchdog reset" during Solaris 8 installation on SPARC 10
Greetings. We've got a Sun SPARC 10 workstation (1 x 390Z55), ROM Rev.
2.10, with two internal, Sun disk drives (400MB, 1GB), and one external, 2GB
third-party drive. It has 112 MB of memory (7 of 8 memory slots filled,
probably with 16MB modules, but I haven't verified the latter).
We've been trying to install Solaris 8 on this system, but the system halts
with a "watchdog reset" every time it tries to reboot with the mini-root.
The mini-root as currently constituted is slice 1 of the 400 MB Sun drive,
and that slice takes up the entire drive. (We've tried variations of this.)
We can install Solaris 7 without any difficulty, and we can access the 400
MB drive from there without any problem. We've run format/analyze on it,
newfs'ed the partition in question, copied hundreds of megabytes of files to
it, etc. There seems to be no problem with the drive as viewed from Solaris
Dept. of Physics
University of California ucdhep::mike (42385::mike) (HEPnet)
Davis, CA 95616-8677 530.752.4966 (Voice) 530.752.4717
2. Q40/Q60 IDE
3. Watchdog reset. Instruction Access Exception Solaris 2.6 Sparc
4. xfree86 has become dependent on win95...
5. Watchdog reset on my sparc 5
6. 2.1.107, dial-on-demand
7. HELP with Sparc watchdog reset errors.
8. 100 Base T autonegotiation problem
9. followup to watchdog reset problem on sparc 10
10. Sparc 20 watchdog reset: Data Access Exception
11. SPARC-station running Solaris vs PC-station running Linux
12. Connecting Sparc Station 5 (RH 6.0 for Sparc) and SuSE 6.4 via NFS
13. Can you compile a C programa for Solaris 2.5 for SPARC Station and Ultra Sparc