HP-UX 11i V1.6 kernel debugger

Post by tom swi » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:08:22

I have a rx2000 running HP-UX 11i V1.6 and wonder what is the best symbolic
de* to use on the running kernel. On Tru64 you have dbx and kdbx that
give lots of info even without access to the source code.
I used to know how to drive adb but cannot find any up to date (Itanium based)
info on running it. Although Q4 is in /usr/contrib it is a PS-RISC executable
with docs that imply it is only for use with PA-RISC. I have downloaded
wdb but am not sure how to run it on the kernel.
My objectives are solely to learn a bit about HP-UX on Itanium.
Regards Tom

HP-UX 11i V1.6 kernel debugger

Post by tom swi » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:19:19

Apologies for the duplicate posting, finger trouble ;)

HP-UX 11i V1.6 kernel debugger

Post by tom swi » Thu, 01 May 2003 02:35:49

Acutally I did ask a question that I posted twice that now seems to
have disapperared, so I will ask it again.
I have a zx2000 Itanium box running HP-UX 11i V1.6 and wonder if there
is a symbolic kernel de* that can be used to examine system data
structures
like dbx -k /vmunix on Tru64.
I used to know how to drive adb but there seems to be no documentation
on using it on Itanium. adb /stand/vmunix /dev/kmem works but where to
go from
here?
I have installed wbd but don't know how to run it on the kernel.
I have also installed Q4 but this seems to comprise perl scripts
written for PA-RISC.

Regards Tom

1. HP-UX 11i V1.6 kernel debugging

I have an rx2000 running HP-UX 11i V1.6 and was wondering whether there
was a symbolic debuugger that could be used to format data structures
in a way similar to [k]dbx -k /vmunix on Tru64 UNIX. I don't have a source code
licence but on Tru64 you can build up quite a good picture using C style
casting, header files and whatis commands. I used to know how to drive adb but
have been spoiled by dbx. Ican't find anything on HP's web site for Itanium.

Out of interest, can I ask the same question of Solaris 9?

Regards Tom

2. X setup with Gateway 2000 with MACH64 card and 21" Monitor

3. hp-ux 11i: named error message

4. problems with modprobe

5. Source level Kernel debugger for HP-UX

6. can't find my ethernet card

7. Source level kernel debugger for HP-UX

8. Sun Enterprise 4500 vs. IBM AS/400

9. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

10. Start the debugger on HP-UX?

11. Start the debugger on HP-UX 10.20 ?

12. tin v1.5.4 on hp-ux