Help: XFS Superblock & Inode structure

Post by Yves Marte » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:25:20

Bonjour all,

I wrote a program that read all kinds of SCSI devices used
to archive medical images.  In this field, people use mostly
Magneto Optical Disks (MOD).

Recently I received 2 UNIX disks, one was a "efs" disk, the
other was a "xfs" system ( SGI seems to be popular in this
field :) ).  The "efs" was easy enough, the documentation for
"efs" is not hard to find.

I am having a hard time locating information on the structure
of the superblock and the inodes for the "xfs" system!  I need
to know the structure so that I can read them.  I don't want
a program to read those disks, since I want to read them in
my own program.

Does anybody know where I can find this information?

Thanks,

Yves Martel

1. Help: XFS Superblock & Inode structure

Bonjour all,

I wrote a program that read all kinds of SCSI devices used
to archive medical images.  In this field, people use mostly
Magneto Optical Disks (MOD).

Recently I received 2 UNIX disks, one was a "efs" disk, the
other was a "xfs" system ( SGI seems to be popular in this
field :) ).  The "efs" was easy enough, the documentation for
"efs" is not hard to find.

I am having a hard time locating information on the structure
of the superblock and the inodes for the "xfs" system!  I need
to know the structure so that I can read them.  I don't want
a program to read those disks, since I want to read them in
my own program.

Does anybody know where I can find this information?

Thanks,

Yves Martel

2. new pmud-0.4.1 rpms uploaded

3. how to access inode structure based on inode number ?

4. LyX: toggle between languages?

5. Superblock & inode

6. Linux Compatibility?

7. O(1) & preempt & XFS & new IDE for 2.4.19

8. Xircom PCMCIA card problem

9. superblock and inode

10. remove superfluous inode superblock check from shmem_mmap

11. What's the size of superblock/inodes?

12. inodes and superblock

13. Block, inode, superblock, group and bitmap -- really confused