DWARF APIs

Post by Amri » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:56:36

Hi,

Anybody knows DWARF APIs to profile the source code of a C executable
at line level in AIX.

Thanks
Amrith

DWARF APIs

Post by Oleksandr Kalini » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:18:23

> Anybody knows DWARF APIs to profile the source code of a C executable
> at line level in AIX.

        Not sure about DWARF, but `tprof' enables line-by-line profiling under
AIX. Look for "Microprofiling" in the man page.

Cheers,
Alex

DWARF APIs

Post by Amri » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:21:26

Hi Alex...

I have tried the microprofiling with tprof. the results are not
convincing, some line which are executed is not getting recorded with
ticks.

Thanks
Amrith

DWARF APIs

Post by Hubert Feyre » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:04:08

> I have tried the microprofiling with tprof. the results are not
> convincing, some line which are executed is not getting recorded with
> ticks.

Maybe make sure that the code/line in question isn't removed due to
optimizing by the compiler. Try compiling without optimisation.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/

1. Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.

  hello.

i am compiling a program with gcc 3.1 .
i am trying to debug it with gdb 5.0 and i get this error :

"Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader"

can anyone tell me what "Dwarf" is ? what causes this problem ? how can i
solve it ?

tx.
hagai yaffe.

2. regex apache SetEnvIf

3. Spell checking API - API to ISPELL needed

4. Announcing a petition to show support for the PowerPC platform

5. HCON API/API programming ...

6. iptables help

7. Tool for dumping DWARF debug info ?

8. URGENT -- RESOLVED Problem getting majordomo 1.93 to work with Linux 1.3.59

9. Crippled dwarf needs Linux Corel

10. ELF/DWARF codefile formats...

11. g++- Dwarf Error

12. Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

13. Dwarf Error