ESIX SVR4 UUCP WOES

Post by American Research Grp. I » Sun, 15 May 1994 12:58:46

I am trying to get uucp to work and get the ports to function in
bidirectional mode on an ESIX SVR4 system. The  asy drivers supplied
do not seem to work in bidirectional mode (no big surprise there).
I added the FAS drivers to the system to get the ports to function
properly.  BUT, uucp fails.  Below is some of the output from a
Uutry session.  Looks like the 'g' protocol is busted.  Has anyone
had any luck getting an ESIX SVR4 uucp to function properly?  Any
clues of any kind that will help me get this thing working  would be
greatly appreciated.

-----------------------UUTRY OUTPUT -----------------------------------

Slave protocol list(gGedx)
Master protocol list(gGedx)
wmesg 'U'g
omsg "Ug"
Setting up protocol parameters 'gGedx'
ASSERT ERROR (uucico) pid: 2050 (5/14/94-12:23:00) PKXSTART ret (-1)
[FILE: pk1.c, line: 364]
Proto start-fail g
STARTUP FAILED
exit code 101
--------------------------- END OUTPUT

ESIX SVR4 UUCP WOES

Post by Rudolf Schrein » Tue, 17 May 1994 19:09:12

Quote:

>I am trying to get uucp to work and get the ports to function in
>bidirectional mode on an ESIX SVR4 system. The  asy drivers supplied
>do not seem to work in bidirectional mode (no big surprise there).
>I added the FAS drivers to the system to get the ports to function
>properly.  BUT, uucp fails.  Below is some of the output from a
>Uutry session.  Looks like the 'g' protocol is busted.  Has anyone
>had any luck getting an ESIX SVR4 uucp to function properly?  Any
>clues of any kind that will help me get this thing working  would be
>greatly appreciated.

I had this problem about one year ago...
The original asy driver is buggy, but it's a STREAMS driver. FAS is
much better, but doesn't support STREAMS. What you need is SAS 1.25,
a FAS with STREAMS. 'works fine on my ESIX 4.0.4 box.
You should replace the BNU-uucp, too. Taylor-uucp is much more flexible,
supports more protocols and is more reliable. And you get the source!

Email me, if you need a detailed instruction how to install the whole
stuff...

Rudi