Inode problem?

Post by Gennady Kuznetso » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:49:58

Hi!
IMHO in different...
Hash function on inode queue is built on file_system/file_no, but
hash function on buffer queue is built on file_system/block_no.

G.Kuznetsov

>Hai all,
>I am not good in UNIX internals,  I got a basic doubt.  As I know the
Kernel
>maintains buffers in the  buffer cache in hash queues.  For inodes also
Kernel
>maintains cache and hash queues.
>My question are the both inodes and buffers will be placed in the same hash
>queue or in different hash queues.
>Thanx
>sudhakar.Y

>Y.S.Sudhakar
>Software Engineer,ESN Technologies india pvt ltd.,
>Hyderabad,
>India,Ph no 3351944

1. HTFS inode problem fixed yet?

This problem has bitten me too: a sudden jump from some modest percentage of
inodes in use to 100%. This happens to me on my /usr/spool/news filesystem,
but then that's the one which gets the most addition and deletion of files.

I believe this known at SCO, and I think it is being addressed.

--

2. Little white dots that go away when I refresh?

3. Status of HTFS inode problems?

4. xdm woes

5. linux->sco nfs inode problem

6. vi - problem on ibm3151 terminal

7. Leafnode and inode problem

8. Suggestions on PCI SCSI2?

9. Large Filesystem/Inode problem with NonStop-UX

10. ydggdrasil inode problem

11. e2fsck inode problem

12. AIX 3.2.3 backup by inode problems

13. inode problem?