SVR4 DDI/DKI -- how do I signal a process

SVR4 DDI/DKI -- how do I signal a process

Post by John Tampl » Thu, 20 Sep 1990 10:51:33

I recently bought the SVR4 DDI/DKI reference manual.  In looking through
the migration info from SVR3.2, it says there is no equivalent to signal
and psignal.  How then does a device driver send a signal to a process?

As a second, less important question, it also says that mmap will not be
supported after 4.0, but gives no clue as to a replacement.  I would assume
that all of the code which calls memmap will have to interrogate the driver
in some driver-dependent way to get a physical address and then use shmget
to access it.  I would hope there is another way, since this is pretty
ugly.

Thanks for any help.
--
John Tamplin                                            Xavax

...!uunet!xavax!jat                                     Huntsville, AL 35801

1. DDI/DKI for writing device driver on Solaris 2.X

Hi. Everyone.
I am interested in DDI/DKI for writing device driver on Solaris 2.X.
But, I have few knowledge of them.
Please let me know how to get the related infomation.
If you have much information of them, please teach me.

Thnakyou in advance.

Soomyung Park

2. lockout

3. non DDI/DKI callouts from solaris 2.5 drivers

4. person in need of linux help

5. DDI DKI

6. Unix and timeouts

7. Mailing list for kernel/DDI/DKI developers?

8. sound card

9. DDI/DKI kernel functions for current time

10. Problem with DDI/DDK DMA for UNIX SVR4

11. How do I get the process GROUP ID of the signaling process?

12. Can a signal be sent to process when another process dies or stops?

13. Can a process signal a semaphore that is waited by a diff. process?