Device Driver: Help needed

Post by Tata Unisys LT » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hiya guys

We want to implement a software device driver on SVR4 on i386 platforms, which
supports the mmap() system call. The manual mentions that the driver would
have to support an mmap() and optionally a segmap() entry point, and vaguely
refers to the notion of segment drivers. The documentation leaves a lot to be
desired and the relation of the mmap() system call to the driver entry points
is not at all clear.

Any information relating to the above, or any pointers, references will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
G. Vaideswar & Rajneel G

1. Ethernet Device Driver Help Needed

Hi,
  I am interested in writing a network device driver for the Racal Interlan
NI6510 series cards.  I have got a lot of documentation on the card and
the ethernet controller chip (AMD LANCE), but need a bit of help.  If anyone
out there has done work on a network device driver, I would appreciate it
if I could use you as a resource.  Reply by email if possible.

Chris Hafey
--
Chris Hafey                      |  True programming is rebooting the machine

2. how to link up a linux server and a mac ppc?

3. SCSI device driver help needed

4. space problems installing gcc 3.1 from sunfreeware

5. SCSI device driver help needed.

6. Linux filesystem

7. device driver help needed!

8. In article day@AT&T.worldnet.att.net, chas.day@ix.netcom.com writes:

9. HELP needed: Solaris PCI device driver, device not auto detected.

10. need help accessing device i/o memory from device driver

11. GXT120P device driver (devices.pci.2b101a05) urgently needed

12. tpqic02 help / device driver needed.

13. Adding a new device driver, need help