HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

Post by A1 karl muhlbach (sta » Thu, 06 Sep 1990 06:04:13

To all fellow netters:

        I am trying to configure my machine which is running Interactive
2.2 to transfer my mail to a site that is willing to serve me as a gateway
(Lets call this system site X).  Allow me to clarify via an example. For
instance say I want to email a letter to joe who is at site A.B.C. I would

realize that it cannot resolve the address locally so it is a job for site
X to resolve.  My connection to site X is done via a UUCP connection.  The
UUCP ! address convention works.  If I want to send email to ted at site X
I would type "mail X!ted".  I would like this to be all automatic though so
that the mailer has to worry where it should go.  This would enable me to
have connections to the Internet, UUNET and BITNET.  Let me assure the
quick to flame that I did indeed RTFM so there is no need for that
response.  The documentation is lacking in its description of the
configuration.  The documentation refers to a great deal of BSD files and
directories that just simply don't exist under Interactive Unix 2.2.  This
essentially boils down to: "ANYTHING I CAN NOT RESOLVE LOCALLY SHOULD BE
SENT TO SITE X FOR FURTHER DISTRIBUTION OR RETURNED IF UNRESOLVABLE." I
would be very thankful to any one who could shed some light on this
problem.  I will be most happy to post a summary of the most effective
solution.

        Please respond via email to me since this is the quickest method of

the machine that I'm trying to configure so email will reach me no
problem).  Thankyou all one last time and PLEASE SEND HELP!

                                                Karl M.

Just setting up FreeBSD 4, and I notice a number of differences in the
sendmail config system.  All good, I hope.

Anyway - My problem is a fairly simple one.  I cannot forward mail to my
internal machines.

/etc/mail/virtusertable:

/etc/mail/sendmail.cw contains esb.co.uk

Mail is recieved by the server, but mailq gives me:

                                (Deferred: Name server: euro2.esb.co.uk.:
host name lookup failed)

The DNS is set up okay as far as I can see...

Should the last full stop be there in the deferred message?  If not, where
will it be getting it from?

Help?

Matt

--
You can kill the revolutionary
But you can't kill the revolution!

2. help!!! any usb to scsi adapter got linux driver??

3. Interactive Unix shutdown problem--please help

4. Matrox card

5. CBREAK on Interactive Unix 2.2

6. My IP address?

7. POSIX library for Interactive UNIX 2.2

8. Which ports are busy?

9. Interactive Unix Rel. 2.2, TCP/IP, X

10. Please help me configure sendmail for two Linux servers

11. Can someone please help me configure sendmail domains etc

12. Configuring sendmail PLEASE HELP

13. Installing & Configuring Sendmail - Please Help!