finger log file

Post by Suresh Kumar Mana » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

how can i have a log file which contains information of any user who
fingered me
Can any help me

finger log file

Post by wy.. » Mon, 06 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> how can i have a log file which contains information of any user who
> fingered me
> Can any help me

This isn't going to happen on a stock system.  It requires that you
replace the 'finger' command and 'in.fingerd' on the system, since
that logging is not presently made on any UNIX system I'm aware of.

I'm not aware of any packages which integrate this kind of
functionality, so you'll probably be writing your own code to create
this functionality.

        -Bill
--
The Greater Columbus Free-Net