Jobs for UNIX Internals candidates

1. jobs requiring unix internals experience

There seem to be a lot of jobs out there that require unix internals
experience.  This is a direction that I'm interested in, but I am
only knowledgable about unix system programming.  I'd love to learn
about internals, but I don't have access to kernel source.

What exactly are these places looking for that a good systems programmer
couldn't pick up quickly?  Is there really that much difference between
writing a protocol that executes at the user level vs writing a procotol that
executes at the kernel level?

Are there internals positions out there for internals novices/system
programming experts?

-Roger

--
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
 than the question of whether a submarine can swim" - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Division of Bit Banging and Reluctant Robotics
UNH Marine Systems Engineering Laboratory, Durham, NH  03824-3525
(603) 862-4600 -4399 (fax)

2. XTerm scrollback

3. Job Opportunties with Unix Internals

4. Periodic clock tick considered harmful (was: Re: HZ, preferably as small as possible)

5. Put the internals back in comp.unix.internals!

6. Welcome to comp.unix.questions [Frequent posting]

7. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!

8. CAP porting to Linux

9. Websites for unix internals & unix programming

10. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!