Interrupt handler without a device driver?

Interrupt handler without a device driver?

Post by Anders Sk » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 21:14:32

Hi!

I'm writing a soundplayer for Solaris 2.1 x86.  I can now play back sound,
but to record sound I need to handle interrupts from the soundcard.

Can I write an interrupt handler (a routine which is called when an
interrupt occurs) without writing a device driver ?

Thanks for any help.

   _
  | |       |                         Anders Skar
  |_|  _   _|  _   _  _      Trondheim College of Engineering

  | | | | |_| |_  |   _|
   Why run Windows when Dosshell is faster and offers taskswitching too?

1. Is it possible to write an interrupt handler w/o a device driver

Hi!

I'm writing some routines to play sound under Solaris 2.1 (x86).  They
work great, but I would like to be able to handle interrupts sent
from the soundcard.  Can this be done without writing a device driver ?
(I don't have any docs on device drivers or the SunPro compiler, I'm
using gcc.)

Thanks for any help.

   _
  | |       |                         Anders Skar
  |_|  _   _|  _   _  _      Trondheim College of Engineering

  | | | | |_| |_  |   _|
   Why run Windows when Dosshell is faster and offers taskswitching too?

2. rebuilding /usr/local

3. Serializing data & device access across file ops and interrupt handler

4. Thinkpad 600 ACP modem, really working?

5. driver: interrupt handler not getting called

6. gracefully stopping a .kshrc function

7. PCI Driver: Many cards, 1 interrupt handler

8. Dosemu Development ?

9. network driver for nic without interrupt

10. No networking without a driver, No driver without networking???

11. Handlers, Handlers, Handlers

12. Should serial device interrupts appear in /proc/interrupts?

13. Is it possible to register Interrupts in device-driver's in non-init entry point