Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

Post by Srinivasan Balaj » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
  I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following :

I have written a pseudo driver (module) in solaris (2.5) which will sit
below
IP layer and above the Device Driver (which is also a streams driver,
ATM NIC Driver). I have been able to load it as a streams module by
calling "modload mydriver" ( I had copied mydriver in the /kernel/drv)
directory.
  I have to do the following which I am not able to do, please help me
out :
  1. Open a device which will cause an open of "mydriver" ? My driver
supports clone opens, but I don't know how to open this driver from the
user application. I tried creating a device in the /dev directory but
the open system call [open("/dev/mydriver",O_RDWR)] fails with "no such
device". ls -l of mydriver in the /dev directory looked as follows :
/dev> pwd
/dev
/dev> ls -l mydriver
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         29 Feb 15 22:44 /dev/mydriver ->

 2. I want to plumb "mydriver" below IP. How do I do it ? My requirement
is that multiple streams of "mydriver" each with a different
configuration should be attached directly below IP (each will be
assigned a different IP address). How do I use "ifconfig" to assign IP
address to such a device , what interface address do I specify ?
       -------
       | IP  |
       -------

       -----------
       |mydriver  |
       ------------

       ------------------
       | ATM NIC Driver |
       ------------------
3. Is it possible to insert another module say "mydriver1" between IP
and mydriver ? How ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Balaji
Srinivasan Balaji
Ficon Technology                 Voice:  (908) 283-2770
1000 Route 9 North               Fax  :  (908) 283-2848

Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

Post by Andrew Gabri » Mon, 10 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>  I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following :

>I have written a pseudo driver (module) in solaris (2.5) which will sit
>below
>IP layer and above the Device Driver (which is also a streams driver,
>ATM NIC Driver).

What you are doing sounds similar (although not identical) to what
the public domain dp-4.0 driver (Solaris PPP kernel driver) does.
It is probably worth your while looking through its source code.

--

1. Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

Hi,
  I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following :

I have written a pseudo driver (module) in solaris which will sit below
[...]

2. libc

3. Solaris pseudo stream driver examples

4. howto or faq on connecting a small peer network to a cable modem

5. Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

6. Missing header files when adding a standard module

7. pseudo STREAMS driver and kernel hack in Solaris

8. Ghostscript X Error

9. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

10. DLPI Stream Pseudo Driver Problem

11. write(2) block : pseudo STREAM driver

12. pseudo driver for solaris