Changing the year in OSF Unix

Post by Debbie Roseburg » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I want to change the year to be 2000 (for testing purposes). In solaris,
I can spec the year as a 4 digit number, but can't in OSF. I can access
the local century field, but how do I set it?

Changing the year in OSF Unix

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I want to change the year to be 2000 (for testing purposes). In solaris,
>I can spec the year as a 4 digit number, but can't in OSF. I can access
>the local century field, but how do I set it?

DEC have a large amount of infomation on this on their web site,
including some warnings about any time-limited licences you
have expiring during such testing. IIRC, it says there is a patch
for the OSF/1 date command to allow setting the date after 1999.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. change color in OSF/Unix

Hi every1,

I would like to know how to change the color of text and or background
for my OSF account. Specifically, I like to change the prompt to the
different color, so I won't confuse as much when I open multiple sessions.
I've seen a suggestion of using 'chcolor' but my system (OSF/1) does not
seem to have that commmand. Any pointer is greatly appreciated. Thankyou!

Cheers!

2. Linux Newbie -- Delete users?

3. Help! OSF - setting the year to 2000

4. Installing SLS 1.02 from tape?

5. No not OSF/1 (AKA Digital Unix) (Was Re: A *REAL* Unix Platform)

6. xlock won't stop CTRL-ALT-BCKSPCE

7. Problem with Unix Domain sockets on OSF Unix V4.0

8. LAPTOP XF86Config settings... Compaq AVGA chipset in Concerto

9. CFV: comp.unix.tru64 (renames comp.unix.osf.osf1)

10. Problem with Unix Domain sockets on OSF Unix V4.0

11. Learn OSF Technology at the OSF/DCE Conference

12. AMD running on OSF/1 (dec/alpha) version 3.2 run on OSF/1 4.0?

13. Unix Plug-ins?