writing scsi device scsi adapter drivers under hp-ux

writing scsi device scsi adapter drivers under hp-ux

Post by Satya R » Thu, 11 Feb 1993 05:25:09

Hello,
Does anybody out there know if there is any documentation and/or sample
code or some kind of development kit available for writing device
drivers under HP-UX(700 series)? I am interested in adding scsi target
devices to HP's scsi interface as well as adding other scsi host
adapters. Is there some kind of porting/suuport center in HP that I can
contact for assiatance. Appreciate any help.

thanks.

Satya Rao.

1. scsi device driver under hp-ux

[ Article crossposted from comp.unix.programmer ]
[ Author was Matthew Gream ]
[ Posted on 1 Feb 1993 07:12:11 GMT ]

Hi,
Im trying to write a few routines to send small ( <= 255 byte ) messages
to a specific target on the scsi bus of a HP 9000 300 series machine
(in fact, this will need to be able to run on 300/400/700 and possibily
newer models in the future).
I would like to do this without having to write a kernel driver, as
my operation is simple (write message, and check return code from the
target).
Ive been playing with sending scsi cdb's to a cdrom, and had reasonable
success, but the device i will eventually need to talk to will not be
a filesystem. What I am wondering is whether it would be possible to
use the existing scsi driver and make a device with the minor number
pointing to the appropriate target on the scsi bus? if not, then I will
need to write my own device driver, the problem here is that I have
no idea (HP is a new platform for me) what the entry points to the
internal HP scsi hardware io driver.
Im a bit lost on how to tackle this problem, so if anyone can help or
point me to appropriate references, id be most gratefull.

Matthew.

--

2. IDE-CDROM Problem

3. Linux for SGI

4. HP hangs with NCR-SCSI error messages on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00

5. A little advocacy

6. SCSI: Does one need a special SCSI LVD adapter, over and above a SCSI card?

7. Random Passwords

8. QUESTION: Device Driver for VME/DMA parms on HP-UX 10.20 743i

9. HP-UX VME Device Driver

10. write() to a serial port in HP-UX 10 doen not write

11. PCI SCSI/2 F/W Adapter Device Driver hangs system