STREAM module read+write queue problem

Post by ray » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 01:59:18

*newbie* question here:

I'm trying to create a CRUDE routing module for Solaris 8.  How would
you take a message (M_PROTO, M_PCPROTO), from a read queue and put it
on the write queue.  I've looked at WR(), but that doesn't seem to
work.  I've tried calling the xxxwput proceedure directly, that
doesn't seem to work either.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

STREAM module read+write queue problem

Post by Andrew Gabri » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:37:12

Quote:> *newbie* question here:

> I'm trying to create a CRUDE routing module for Solaris 8.  How would
> you take a message (M_PROTO, M_PCPROTO), from a read queue and put it
> on the write queue.  I've looked at WR(), but that doesn't seem to
> work.  I've tried calling the xxxwput proceedure directly, that
> doesn't seem to work either.

qreply(), if I understand correctly what you're asking.
You don't call the xxxwput (or similar) proceedures directly,
that is what the STREAMS framework is for.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer