1. HELP needed: Solaris PCI device driver, device not auto detected.
I am writing a device driver for two PCI adapter cards under Solaris 2.5.1
on x86 machines. The two PCI adapter cards are identical except that one
uses PLX 9060 chip and the other one uses PLX 9050 chip. When both cards
are present in the machine, the probe and attach routines of my driver are
invoked only for the card with 9060 chip. I used the following command to
install the driver:
add_drv -i'"pci1248,4" "pci1248,204"' cdp
Our vendor ID is 0x1248, and device ID for these two cards is 0x04 and 0x204,
respectively, and "cdp" is the name of the driver. (No conf file is used.)
Did anyone have any clue why the card with 9050 chip is not auto detected?
I also tried to use the following conf file instead of letting the cards
be auto detected.
name="cdp" parent="pci" reg=0x7800,0,0,0,0;
name="cdp" parent="pci" reg=0x8000,0,0,0,0;
This way, it did find both cards, but ddi_regs_map_setup() failed for both
cards when I tried to map the local configuration registers.
Any information or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2. itools-R6.3 is available
3. need help accessing device i/o memory from device driver
4. shr_comm.o error running 4.3.3 programs on 4.2.1
5. GXT120P device driver (devices.pci.2b101a05) urgently needed
6. Grid Computing Oracle Style (linux, of cource)
7. STREAMS Device Driver problem
8. xft, bug or feature?
9. Streams device driver - open and close routines
10. STREAMS device driver for Solaris x86
11. 2 APIs for a STREAMS device driver in Solaris
12. Device Drivers & STREAMS
13. STREAMS based tty device driver source code