1. ntalk 5.4 on Sun will not talk to DEC 5000/240 Ultrix talk - Help
I have been wanting to get ntalk running on our Sun server so that our
students would be able to talk to people at sites running DEC/Intel byte
order. I had retrieved a version of ntalk earlier, but it required a talkd
or talk .h file that was not on the Sun. In some group a week or so ago
someone posted about another version which I retrieved and compiled with no
I installed the new ntalk. I added a line for ntalk to /etc/services, added
ntalkd to inetd.conf, did a kill -1 1, and did a make services in /var/yp to
rebuild the services map.
To test it I have been trying to get talk going between the Sun and the DEC.
Prior to these changes, talk requests to the DEC got a "Who are you ..."
message from the DEC. Now requests initiated on the Sun for a talk to
two talks show:
[Trying to connect to your party's talk daemon] (on the Sun)
[Checking for invitation on caller's machine] (on the DEC)
It can sit there for several minutes like this with no time outs. I do not
have a clue.
If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it very much.
R.Stewart(Stew) Ellis, Assoc.Prof., (Off)313-762-9765 ___________________
Humanities & Social Science, GMI Eng.& Mgmt. Inst. / _____ ______
Gopher,News and sendmail maintainer, all around hack /________/ / / / /
2. changing resolutions
3. Linux for DECStation 5000/240
4. dhcpd segmentation fault!!!
5. Printcap entry for HP 7475A plotter on DEcstation 5000/240
6. what did patch 1.1.2->1.1.3? my scsi disk (st4702n) doesn't work anymore !
7. Linux on Decstation 5000/240?
8. pcmcia and freebsd 4.4
9. Info on DECStation 5000/240
10. DecSystem 5000/240
11. Boot hangs on my Decstation 5000/240
12. XF86Config for DECstation 5000/240
13. MIPS DECstation 5000/240 Setup