Does anyone know of a good book (or indeed any book at all) on SVR4 internals.
Preferably with a Solaris slant, but beggars can't be choosers.
Preferably also with a way of buying it in the UK.
The closest I've come is the tutorial book(s) provided at the
Winter'92 Usenix in the SVR4 Internals classes. The first day was the
Virtual File System interface and Virtual Memory Manager (and I think
some auxiliary stuff like how fork() and exec() using ELF). The
second day was STREAMS, signals, Session control, etc.
Frank "Crash" Edwards Edwards & Edwards Consulting
Many thanks to everyone who responded.
I wonder if anyone has read this book and can comment ? does it deal
with internals ? I will post any info emailed to me.
1. Does a SVR4 internals book exist?
Is there such a beast as a SVR4 internals book? The only unix internals book
I can find is the BSD one.
J. Scott Farrow - Systems Admin. \"The probability of someone watching
Western Area Power Adminstration \ you is directly proportional to
Golden, CO USA \ the stupidity of your actions."
2. Getting A Day Using AWK or A Shell Script
4. solaris 2.6
6. How To: Multiple NICS in one machine - pcnet_cs
9. Looking for SVR4 unix internals book/mannual.
11. Any sources for papers/articles on SVR4 internals ?
12. SVR4 internals description?
13. Internals of (get|set)context(2) under SVR4