Error on initial installation

Post by Tresme » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Please bare with me, this is my first try at installing on an Alpha box.  I
am attempting to install RedHat via FTP.  I have installed countless systems
on i386 machines but I am getting an error that I don't recognize or
understand.  During the RedHat installation, after I enter my IP, Gateway,
Subnetmask, etc.  I get an error:

SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument

Anyone seen this before or have a clue what I need to do to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Anthony T. Medlock
Systems Engineer
TCA Internet
(409)693-8885 x134
(888)822-5151 x134
PGP Public Key http://pages.tca.net/tresmer/PGP/

Error on initial installation

Post by Marco Bento » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

you're netcard didnt init. dont autoprobe the card.  enter in the parameters
manually.

>Please bare with me, this is my first try at installing on an Alpha box.  I
>am attempting to install RedHat via FTP.  I have installed countless
systems
>on i386 machines but I am getting an error that I don't recognize or
>understand.  During the RedHat installation, after I enter my IP, Gateway,
>Subnetmask, etc.  I get an error:

>SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument

>Anyone seen this before or have a clue what I need to do to fix it?
>Thanks in advance.

>Anthony T. Medlock
>Systems Engineer
>TCA Internet
>(409)693-8885 x134
>(888)822-5151 x134
>PGP Public Key http://pages.tca.net/tresmer/PGP/

1. Initial error message in installation Sol8

I faced that message when I was installing Sol8 intel/platform on WD HD
160GB. The Hard is new . No installation was done on it .

Unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device
disk : Target 0 on Bus Mastering IDE controller on board PCI bus 0 ,at
Dev31,fun1

error message

Press Enter to continue

2. DialIN & Required hardware

3. 1,$ s/INITIAL * NEXT/INITIAL 5251072 NEXT/g

4. Doing "mode CSLIP" with dip but ifconfig says SLIP!

5. RH5.2 wont get past the initial boot prompt during installation

6. Howto hide command line arguments in a c programm

7. Initial installation of Linux

8. SMP vs UP builds

9. Initial Linux System Installation

10. SCSI Card Installation After Initial Setup - RH 5.0

11. Initial Installation

12. How to install emacs after the initial installation???

13. initial installation