Compiling mozilla 1.0 ?

Post by onio » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:59:08

Any hints ? I'm getting a very strange error and I can't seem to find the
cause.
I don't remember exactly what file it was but the error was something about
truncated assemly output file and I can't understand why. Lots of other C++
code
compiles fine (QT3 comes to mind..)

--
Kaj-Michael Lang

Compiling mozilla 1.0 ?

Post by Andrew Schult » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 04:19:35

> Any hints ? I'm getting a very strange error and I can't seem to find the
> cause.
> I don't remember exactly what file it was but the error was something about
> truncated assemly output file and I can't understand why. Lots of other C++
> code
> compiles fine (QT3 comes to mind..)

I compiled 1.0RC2 (RH71) and current 1.1 branch (RH72) without any problems.

Are you trying to use Compaq or gnu C?

  Andrew Schultz                    | The views expressed might

  http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ajschult/   | They are however, correct.

1. Printing Tiff Faxes attached to e-mail using Mozilla 1.0

Hi,

I'm using RH 7.1 on an Intel PC. I'm using Mozilla 1.0 I get faxes in
e-mails as tiff files. Saving them and then:

 > fax2ps fax.name.tif | lpr

prints them out nicely, or if I just want to view the Postscript:

 > fax2ps fax.name.tif | gv -

I would like to use the "open" attachment feature to do this
automatically. I'm familiar with opening various types of files using
particular programs. For example, if you have a Postscript attachment,
you can use gv to automatically view it. The problem is, in order to
convert from tiff to ps and then print, I need the file name. I've tried
various ways but can't seem to get hold of the filename. In Netscape,
you used to be able to specify %s for the filename (in fact you had to).
I've also tried setting up a bash script file:

fax2ps $1 | lpr

This works as a script, yet it does not work in Mozilla. (I don't get
error messages - just no output.) Yet if I use display from ImageMagick:

/usr/X11R6/bin/display

this works (it displays the fax - but printing from display is not that
good - each page has to be printed separately). Why does display work
but not my script?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick B.

2. Errors after recompile?

3. Mozilla 1.0 under solaris 2.7

4. A question about sigaction and core files

5. Mozilla 1.0 has been released

6. Streaming Video from TVCard to LAN

7. sound in mozilla 1.0, 1.0.1 and netscape 7.0

8. HELP : AHA-1520 not working

9. Mozilla 1.0 platform?

10. Upgrading to Mozilla 1.0 on Mandrake 8.2; dependency fears.

11. java_vm memory leak with Mozilla RC 1.0

12. Mozilla 1.0 build for Mandrake?

13. mozilla 1.0 rc 1 crash bug