ALPHA 2100 -> 5/300 with Mylex DAC960 LB RAID Controller problems... please help

ALPHA 2100 -> 5/300 with Mylex DAC960 LB RAID Controller problems... please help

Post by Josh Cran » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:09:01

Howdy ALPHA gurus,

I'm attempting to install RH 7.0 on a ALPHA 2100 -> 5/300 with a Mylex
DAC960 LB RAID Controller. From the info around the place, I've managed to
work out that there seems to be somewhat of a serious bug with the "out of
the box" version of RH and it's drivers for this RAID device.

I've been to http://www.dandelion.com/Linux regarding the fixes etc, and can
only find source code to drivers and patches to fix the problem.
Unfortunately, that's not much good at all for someone who doesn't have
anything to compile the solutions on.

What can I do?

Has anyone else managed to get a Mylex DAC960 LB controller going with RH
7.0?
Do you have the binaries of the drivers lying around somewhere that I can
pinch?
Is there a more simple way to fix this problem?

I'm stumped. Oh, and before anyone suggests it, I don't want to switch to
another release.

Cheers for any ideas.

tired and confused Josh.