PPPoE

Post by Harry Wengne » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:13:19

hi.

has anyone roaring pinguin pppoe running on an axp machine ?

i've downloaded the source but installing the rpm gives me several
errors.
it seems that the script fails to compile because of missing header
files.
some of the headers exists on the systems some don't.

system: XL266, Suse 6.4

tia
harry

PPPoE

Post by Thomas Waldman » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:48:51

Quote:> has anyone roaring pinguin pppoe running on an axp machine ?

Yes, me.

Quote:> i've downloaded the source but installing the rpm gives me several
> errors.
> it seems that the script fails to compile because of missing header
> files.
> some of the headers exists on the systems some don't.

> system: XL266, Suse 6.4

I used the redhat rp-pppoe v2.5 on my multia machine (running debian 2.2) -
debian has only v1.7 yet and I have no compiler installed.

I runs quite good, I'm using the multia as firewall / proxy / gateway
machine.

For installation, I unpacked the RPM and moved the files to the right
directories by hand.

Thomas

1. RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7) problem, please help.

Hello,

I have a problem in RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7), please
help.

I am setting up linux server as NAT, which share t he internet
connection to the client PCs at home. I was using RH7.2 before and
there is no problem at all. My problem in RH8.0 is that: I setup
rp-pppoe (ifup ppp0) to run at startup of the machine. Basically, it
starts up without any problem at all. But, it never runs
/etc/ppp/ip-up. Which means that the ip masquerading process didn't
bring up at all. What I have to is to ssh to the server everytime
after the server boots up and run /etc/ppp/ip-up manually, before my
clients can use the internet connect. I realized that the
configurations files are quite different from the one that I was using
in 7.2, e.g it doesn't use /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf anymore, instated it
put all the information in
/etc/ppp/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0.

Anybody can give me some suggestions ?
Thanks
Bosco

2. HELP Deleted my /dev/ttyS0 (Newbie)

3. rp-pppoe 3.1 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

4. Checking modified binaries

5. rp-pppoe 3.3 -- Robust PPPoE client for Linux, NetBSD, and Solaris

6. Netscape for linux where???

7. Non-PPPoE socket with PPPoE link up ?

9. PPPoE, FreeBSD and multply (default) pppoe servers

10. PPPoE Server; Linux ; PPPd; Radius; PPPoE Server

11. SuSE 7.3 kernel pppoe vs. rp-pppoe

12. rp-pppoe 3.2 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

13. pppoe + sk_run_filter