RAM on Digital Workstation 500a

Post by Frank Pawli » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi out there.

Which "normal" RAM can I use on my alpha?

I that working ?

32 MB (4Mx64) 66 MHz ECC SDRAM

My Compi is a Digital Workstation 500a with 2* 32 MB of RAM.

Do I need to buy the high-priced original RAM?

Thanx

RAM on Digital Workstation 500a

Post by Thumpe » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Standard PC100 or PC133 ram should work fine, it has on my Alpha. I would
recommend using ECC ram over standard, it is worth the extra 5-10% $. Also,
I would recommend using RAM that is rated higher than the system bus speed
before I would risk trying RAM that is slower.

Quote:> Hi out there.

> Which "normal" RAM can I use on my alpha?

> I that working ?

> 32 MB (4Mx64) 66 MHz ECC SDRAM

> My Compi is a Digital Workstation 500a with 2* 32 MB of RAM.

> Do I need to buy the high-priced original RAM?

> Thanx

RAM on Digital Workstation 500a

Post by Martin K H?e » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

hiyas

as i said in an earlier post on the subject u need PC100 ECC in pairs , it
wont accept anything else , trust me , i have the same system ;-)

Martin K H?eg

Quote:> Hi out there.