WTB DU License: Is DU license transferrable?

WTB DU License: Is DU license transferrable?

Post by NewsMa » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I would like to buy the DU/DVF license for my 21164LX.
Is the license transferrable from one person to another?
If that is possible, I would like to buy it from anyone
through Wire transfer or something.

Yes, any third-party VAR sellers could reply to me
if you are authorized to sell DU/DVF license.

Thank you

G. Hugh Song

--
Newsman

PS: Please reply to ghsong "at" kjist "dot" ac "dot" kr, if you really have to.

WTB DU License: Is DU license transferrable?

Post by Steve Lione » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to buy the DU/DVF license for my 21164LX.
>Is the license transferrable from one person to another?
>If that is possible, I would like to buy it from anyone
>through Wire transfer or something.

The licenses for DIGITAL UNIX can be transferred along with the system
hardware for which it was originally purchased - it cannot be separated from
that system except within the same "legal entity".  The DIGITAL Fortran (not
DVF for that platform) license is not transferrable to a different "legal
entity".  For details, please see
http://www.digital.com/software-licensing/policies/swl_xfer.html

DIGITAL Fortran Development     http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html
Compaq Computer Corporation
110 Spit Brook Road, ZKO2-3/N30
Nashua, NH 03062-2698           "Free advice is worth every cent"

DIGITAL Fortran web site: http://www.digital.com/fortran

1. DU <--> Linux FP exceptions with DU binaries

Hi,

I have a question for the more experienced Fortran users :

We're trying to run DU binaries (Dec F90) on our Linux machines. Under both
Digital UNIX and Linux we experience floating point exceptions which
appear due to FP underflows etc.
Under Digital UNIX we can prevent these exceptions by using flags like '-fpe1'
for compilation and the binaries will run happily.
Under Linux, however, the exact same binaries still die with 'floating point
exceptions'.
Could anyone please explain

 -  How exactly FP exceptions are handled by those operating systems
    ( I understand that this is something the kernel does ).

 -  How to install exceptions handlers that work under both Linux and DU.
    Would one need to change the Linux kernel for this ?

Thanks !

Regards,
  Norbert Paschedag

2. Graphs from TCP-Dump output?

3. du How does du work?

4. XF86Config for Mach64

5. OEM Windows licenses not transferable to charities

6. termcap, xview, slackware2.3 problems

7. WTB: AIX 4.3.1/DU 4.0 install medial

8. applications

9. WTB WTB WTB Solaris 2.5.1 server for i86 WTB WTB WTB

10. Software Licenses as Book Licenses

11. New Software License idea: "The Freedom License."

12. Evaluation license --> real license on OSR 5.05 ??

13. df difference from du