Alpha DS20 installing linux with jumpstart

Alpha DS20 installing linux with jumpstart

Post by woodf.. » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Got a question guys:

Im using the alpha jumpstart CD form Compaq's
site http://www.linuxalpha.compaq.com/jumpstart/ .
Im wondering, this files downloads to my windows
box as a iso.gz file. Can I just simply unzip it
with winzip and then burn the image to a cd, then
use it to setup my alpha linux box???

Woody

-I dont know crap....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Alpha DS20 installing linux with jumpstart

Post by JJ » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Winzip can uncompress  ".gz" and ".tar.gz" files.

http://www.gzip.org/

read the FAQ,  "windows gui"  heading. (includes a link to winzip if you do
not have it.)

JJ

> Got a question guys:

> Im using the alpha jumpstart CD form Compaq's
> site http://www.linuxalpha.compaq.com/jumpstart/ .
> Im wondering, this files downloads to my windows
> box as a iso.gz file. Can I just simply unzip it
> with winzip and then burn the image to a cd, then
> use it to setup my alpha linux box???

> Woody

> -I dont know crap....

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Alpha DS20 installing linux with jumpstart

Post by woodf.. » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks man.....

Woody

> Winzip can uncompress  ".gz" and ".tar.gz" files.

> http://www.gzip.org/

> read the FAQ,  "windows gui"  heading. (includes a link to winzip if
you do
> not have it.)

> JJ

Quote:> > Got a question guys:

> > Im using the alpha jumpstart CD form Compaq's
> > site http://www.linuxalpha.compaq.com/jumpstart/ .
> > Im wondering, this files downloads to my windows
> > box as a iso.gz file. Can I just simply unzip it
> > with winzip and then burn the image to a cd, then
> > use it to setup my alpha linux box???

> > Woody

> > -I dont know crap....

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. problem installing RedHat 6.0 on Alpha DS20 with Mylex ExtremeRAID 1100

I'm trying to install RedHat 6.0 on an Alpha DS20 with a Mylex ExtremeRAID
1100 RAID controller. There's no problem configuring the RAID levels etc.
But the RAID devices aren't vissible from the SRM console (Digital Unix
SRM).

I have installed the latest AlphaBIOS and SRM console firmware.

Any suggestions !??

Best regards

Kim Pedersen
TV 2 - http://tv2.dk

2. aix 4.1

3. Alpha DS20 sym53c895-0: command processing resumed

4. Mouses dead on two RS/6000 43P-140 systems

5. Alpha DS20

6. Prob with Sun Sparc 5

7. New Booting Image and Ramdisk Image for Alpha DS10/XP1000/DS20

8. PPP troubles

9. Boot DS20 with Alpha Bios (milo) ?

10. DS20 Alpha Systems $3299

11. Linux Redhat 6.1 DS20 install

12. Free Linux Jumpstart CD for Alpha Systems

13. Alpha Jumpstart,Linux and SRM console