PC164 + IDE Hard Drive + Redhat 7.2...How do I boot?

PC164 + IDE Hard Drive + Redhat 7.2...How do I boot?

Post by Charles Erw » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:37:44

I can install linux by cdrom fine by booting a floppy and
continuing...however there is no way to boot the hard drive once it's
installed.  SRM Cannot see any hard drives and every milo I've used
cannot read them.  If ANYONE can help me I would appreciate it.  Here
is some info about my setup:

Enorex 433mhz alpha using pc164 board
maxtor 40gb ide hard drive and 52x ide cdrom
floppy
Redhat 7.2 installed

Please help if you can.  Email welcomed as well.

Thanks
Charles Erwin

1. Win2k and RedHat 7.2 on different hard-drive dual-boot with LILO??

Hi, I am trying to install Win2000 and RedHat Linux 7.2 on two different
hard drives so in the future when I don't want one of them I can just simply
format one hard drive. Both of my hard drives are IDE. At first I installed
Win2000 on Primary master(hda), then I install Linux on hdb. I choose to
install LILO on MBR and default boot is hdb(linux). But after install Linux,
I reboot the computer, only Win2000 come up, LILO didn't even show up. I am
wondering if LILO was installed to the MBR of hdb instead of hda. How can I
fix that so I can use LILO to dual-boot both operating system? Or if I need
to reinstall, what settings do I need to change to make it right? If LILO
couldn't pull a job like this, then which boot-manager can? BootMagic??

Thanx...

2. How can I "defrag" my hard drive?

3. Can SUSE 7.2 be installed from a local hard drive to a local hard drive

4. CMOS access via /dev/nvram

5. RHL 7.2 installation failed - install can not detect IDE hard drives

6. Wanted: Recommendations for Apache books

7. PC164 SRM Redhat 7.2

8. Can I use the third hdr for Linux?

9. Configuring IDE CD-RW drive on RedHat 7.2

10. Windows XP, Linux 7.2 GRUB boot loader using 1 Hard Drive

11. Emergency Situation - Cannot boot Redhat 7.2 from hard disk

12. unable to boot: kernerl panic error from rebuilt drive - redhat 7.2 no gui

13. "DRIVE NOT READY" trying to boot up RedHat 7.2 /w GRUB