how to switch to 132 columns in console mode?

how to switch to 132 columns in console mode?

Post by Next Limi » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi I just installed RH6 in my Alpha 500a. How could I get my console
working in 132 columns?

Thanks,
Victor

1. iscreen: Automatic switching between 80/132 column modes

[I am sure this must be a FAQ but I couldn't find the answer in the FM.
Any flames/pointers to the relevant FM will be gratefully accepted.]

I want to get iscreen to accept escape characters sent by programs to
allow my screen to switch automatically into 132-character mode.  I
like to view TeX dvi files using dvitty in ascii when I am at home.
It is a a little easier to read in 132 column than in 80-column.
However, though the switching works fine when iscreen is not running,
it just stops working under iscreen.

I tried adding the following line to my .screenrc (as suggested in the
man page) but it didn't work:
        termcap vt* Z0=\E[?3h:Z1=\E[?3l

When I try to use C-a W to manually switch, I get the message:

        Your termcap does not specify how to change the terminal's width.

Could anyone suggest a way to do what I want?  If I get any positive
response, I'll post a summary to this newsgroup.

Thanks,
Ravi
--

2. driver model update: device_unregister()

3. 132 Column Mode On SCO Console

4. Fetchmail problems

5. setting 100-column & 132-column modes

6. Terminology

7. Setting 132 column mode under linux

8. apache and ssl

9. Display 132 columns in text mode?