Personal Workstation 500a

Post by Dave » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to install 6.2 on a Personal Workstation 500a. After booting
the Milo
floppy, I try to boot off the CD to install and the machine goes through
an endless
reboot loop. It looks like it gets as far as reading the kernel, and
just reboots back to Milo
over and over. I got it working just fine on AlphaStations. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Hechel

Personal Workstation 500a

Post by Mike Menar » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:33:02

yes, i had this problem a couple of months ago. i believe i remember that
the boot spec you put into milo is incorrect.

1. milo can't find the device to boot linux from,
2. fails and decides to give up
3  goes to 1

this is the way milo usually works.
hope this helps.
double check the paramaters you put into milo

mike menard
systems and data admin
stanley aviation