FYLR: comp.aq?

Post by Dr. Yuan Li » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

This is not related to Linux, not quite even Alpha, but for your leasure
reading.

In the never ending marketing war, it is well known that everyone must
have the hottest catch word.  Yet the following label Compaq (Canada)
billed itself still kinda surprised me.

In writing as a guest columnist in a local newspaper, the company
supplied this bio: "Peter Ciceri is president and managing director of
Compaq Canada Inc., ...  The company is Canada's leading
Internet-solutions company, providing NonStop eBusiness offerings
comprised of hardware, software, solutions and services." (All
capitalization preserved as original print.)

Wow.  Somehow my newsfeed doesn't provide comp.compaq.  Otherwise that's
a more appropriate place for this.
--

|         Dr. Yuan LIU           -     Chitech Technologies Inc.  |
+------- (514)281-0494 ------------------ FAX (514)281-0493 ------+

FYLR: comp.aq?

Post by Allan B MacIsa » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

What part is the surprising part?

A.B.

: This is not related to Linux, not quite even Alpha, but for your leisure
: reading.

: In the never ending marketing war, it is well known that everyone must
: have the hottest catch word.  Yet the following label Compaq (Canada)
: billed itself still kinda surprised me.

: In writing as a guest columnist in a local newspaper, the company
: supplied this bio: "Peter Ciceri is president and managing director of
: Compaq Canada Inc., ...  The company is Canada's leading
: Internet-solutions company, providing NonStop eBusiness offerings
: comprised of hardware, software, solutions and services." (All
: capitalization preserved as original print.)

: Wow.  Somehow my newsfeed doesn't provide comp.compaq.  Otherwise that's
: a more appropriate place for this.
: --

: |         Dr. Yuan LIU           -     Chitech Technologies Inc.  |
: +------- (514)281-0494 ------------------ FAX (514)281-0493 ------+

Dr. Allan B. MacIsaac                 There once was an old man from Esser,
Dept. of Applied Math                 Whose knowledge grew lesser and lesser.
University of Western Ontario         It at last grew so small,
London, Ontario, Canada               That he knew nothing at all,
N6A 5B7                               And now he's a College Professor.

FYLR: comp.aq?

Post by Greg Linda » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> In the never ending marketing war, it is well known that everyone must
> have the hottest catch word.  Yet the following label Compaq (Canada)
> billed itself still kinda surprised me.

> In writing as a guest columnist in a local newspaper, the company
> supplied this bio: "Peter Ciceri is president and managing director of
> Compaq Canada Inc., ...  The company is Canada's leading
> Internet-solutions company, providing NonStop eBusiness offerings
> comprised of hardware, software, solutions and services." (All
> capitalization preserved as original print.)

That's just touting the stuff which used to be Tandem. As you point
out, nothing to do with Alpha.

-- g