rpc.bootparamd problems on Linux

Post by Harri Haata » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I run RH5.2 on axppci33 (200MHz).
I have been trying to install Solaris to a SS1+ via ether.
Everything works on the network boot until bootparamd.
something like "rpc WHOIS failed" or something (haven't tried again in
a while).
There also is no man page.

I've searched for alternatives, but not done much since I have no disks
to do them on.

Help?
Is it possible to use Linux(/Alpha) as a bootserver?
Is that piece broken? (I think it's genuine RH rpm)

--
Harri Haataja
realblades<at>netscape.net  (The From field will not accept mail.)

1. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd

I am having trouble compiling rpc.bootparamd. I am trying to get the
Xkernel package to work with my 3/60. I have tryed the source that comes
with the package, the source in the main Xkernel package, and the source
for NetBSD. With the NetBSD version I have to use pmake (BSD Make), but
all three fail with the same error: The actual parameters in the
function do not match those in the prototype. If you have any tips on
compiling this please send me email.

Configuration:

        Kernel 2.0.0 on the Slackware96. (FVWM95 is hilarious :-)
--

2. how to uninstall linux

3. Xkernel Problems || WTD: Binaries for rpc.bootparamd

4. Trident 9440 problem

5. rpc.bootparamd problems

6. Initrd doesn't work

7. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd from xkernel package

8. LinuxMall: What's the catch?

9. rpc.bootparamd problems

10. rpc.bootparamd under Linux 2.0.18?

11. Calling all Linux network gurus: Can't get rpc.bootparamd to build.