exact syntix of find + touch ??

Post by Mathieu Mille » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

    Hi everyone,

I have just installed the RH 6.1 on my LX164. Despite the fact that the date
and time is correct, some files are dated in 2020 !!

I don't remember the exact command to type to touch every postdated files.

Can someone help me?

it's something like (in / directory) :
touch now ;
find -newer now -exec "touch {};"

This previous line doesn't work.

Thanks for any help.

Bye, Mathieu.

Mathieu MILLET, TelecomINT, 3eme annee
Institut National des Telecommunications, Evry, France

----

exact syntix of find + touch ??

Post by Thomas Jaege » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>find -newer now -exec "touch {};"

Try:
find -newer now -exec touch {} \;

        Thomas

pgp-key : ftp://linux.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/pub/linux/people/jaeger

exact syntix of find + touch ??

Post by Tony Hammit » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> >find -newer now -exec "touch {};"

> Try:
> find -newer now -exec touch {} \;

>         Thomas

> pgp-key : ftp://linux.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/pub/linux/people/jaeger

That way is a bit slow, try:

find / -newer now -print | xargs touch

xargs will put as many filenames as it can on one command line
then execute the command, then repeat.  It's _much_ faster than
find -exec

Regards,

Tony

1. touch-pad behaves like right-button when touched (Sony Vaio PCG-F490)

Whenever I touch the touch pad on my Vaio without gliding my finger around,
it acts as if I've clicked the right-mouse button.  This can be really bad
when the wrong action is taken by clicking on some buttons inadvertently.

I'm using Redhat Linux 6.2, with Xfree 3.3.6, and the following pointer
definition in my XF86Config file:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "GlidePointPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    Emulate3Buttons
    Emulate3Timeout    50
EndSection

Is there a way to stop this behavior?

Thanks,
Erez.

2. "find" in root crontab hangs Solaris 2.2

3. copying / cloning a system disk, can't find an exact answer.

4. Markus's Short & Sweet Networking Guide

5. Why does code fail to find *exact* amouut of RAM??

6. subdomains and vhosts

7. finding detailed descrip of exact Solaris boot up order

8. Strange spam (No linux content, I think)

9. Newbie: Finding An Exact Substring Match In A File ???

10. Find exact creation time of a process; not kill a wrong process

11. KDE v2.2.x - how do I find the exact version I'm running?

12. find the exact path to execute???

13. How to find out the exact type/module for the SCSI card